Breast pumps provide an easy way to extract milk from the mother’s breast during the stage of nursing. There are many different products that provide great results, all with their own pros and cons and features that set them apart from other makes and/or models. Let’s take a look at some of the top choices of the year and some of what each one has to offer…
#1 – Medela Advanced Personal Double Breastpump
- The Medela Advanced Personal Double Breastpump is designed for everyday use. Since it is electric, it’s easy to regularly use and has many different options.
- Pinpoint the exact setting that is ideal to your liking with the adjustable vacuum speed dial.
- Fill up the included cooler bag to keep your milk cold for an entire half day (12 hours).
- Use on the go since it can be operated using batteries. Can also be plugged into your vehicle in the lighter outlet to power while you’re traveling down the road.
- Quickly and comfortably pumps milk from your breasts, much shorter time than standard manual pumping.
- One of the most popular choices among nursing mothers.
- Super comfortable and easy to use.
#2 – Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump – Carry All
- The Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump is a very powerful, high quality pump that is comfortable and easy to use. Fewer parts than most other varieties makes cleaning easy as can be.
- Take it anywhere with you. The small, lightweight size is easy to take on the go, making nursing efficient no matter where you are.
- Battery powered or plug it into your vehicle for ultra portability. Each set of batteries last for approximately 4-6 pumping sessions of 20-40 minutes.
- Use with any standard sized baby bottle. No need to buy a special kind of bottle to use.
- Comes included with a discreet carrying case to keep everything together when not in use and/or on the go.
- Use the AC adapter when you are at home to save battery power.
#3 – Philips AVENT BPA Free Twin Electric Breast Pump
- The Philips AVENT BPA Free Twin Electric Breast Pump has the unique ability to learn and remember the rhythm of your pumping to allow the most comfort possible when you use it multiple times.
- Cushions for the nipples are made from a very soft material that bend in and out to exactly copy the same motions your baby would make while they are directly breastfeeding.
- Personalize it exactly how you’d like with the multiple vacuum, speed, and rhythm settings that are built into the unit.
- Use while traveling – plug it in anywhere that has a 100 to 240 volt outlet. The included travel bag allows mother’s to include everything in one compact sized pack to make portability easy.
- No dangerous chemicals such as BPA are used anywhere throughout the device.
- Comes with a 1 year warranty for added peace of mind.
- Keep the milk within the two included 4 ounce containers to pump, store, and feed from the same bottle. No need to transfer it when you want to store it.
#4 – Lansinoh Affinity Double Electric Breast Pump
- The Lansinoh Affinity Double Electric Breast Pump features unique ComfortFit Breast Flanges make for some of the most comfortable and best fitting pumping technology currently available in a electric machine. Combine this with the Custom Expression technology to allow the highest amount of flow possible – for quick use that saves time.
- Set the exact strength and cycle speed of the vacuum to experience comfortable and efficient results each and every time.
- Less expensive than other electric comparable’s.
- Easy to learn how to use. It ships to you as an assembled unit with only a few parts so you don’t have to put anything together when you receive it for the very first time.
- Easy to clean. Unlike other machines, you don’t have to clean the tubing since milk is never flowed back into the system. (one way pumping)
- Use with batteries or plug into the wall outlet with the included AC adapter.
#5 – Medela Swing Breast Pump
- The Medela Swing Breast Pump is one of the most lightweight, compact sized electric breast pump that’s available.
- Super portable, easy to take with you while you’re travelling on vacation or just away from your home for a few days.
- Comes with an included travel bag for storing it when not in use.
- Plug it into the wall outlet, or put batteries in it to use it anywhere.
- Very quiet. Much less loud than comparable single breast pumps from other brands.
- Only four buttons on the unit – making learning and using it painlessly easy.
- Although it’s incredibly efficient, only one breast can be pumped at a time.