Many parents are drawn towards the use of umbrella strollers since they provide shade and protection from the elements while maintaining a lightweight, easy to push frame. They tend to be priced much less than your typical stroller, but still feature the same important safety elements that you’d expect to see in any leading baby product.
Most look for an umbrella stroller since they’re usually fairly basic with less bells and whistles than your typical stroller and are often priced much less. No matter what your purpose for one is, you’ll need to find the right one that suits your child and lifestyle best. Below I have taken some time to outline some of the top rated umbrella strollers of 2013 based on quality, performance, popularity, and average consumer reviews.
The First Years Jet Stroller
- The lightweight, easy to use First Years Jet Stroller is an ideal choice for those looking for portability at an affordable price tag.
- Folds up into a small, compact size with the use of a single hand. It weighs only 11 lbs. and is extremely portable. Great for those quick trips to the store or down the street.
- Integrated 5 point safety harness keeps your child within the stroller while it’s in use with no chance of escape for maximum safety.
- Beneath the seating area is a decent sized storage basket area that makes a good area for placing accessories and your belongings.
- Large retractable canopy protects harmful UV rays and rain from coming in contact with your little one.
- Very inexpensive, can be found for under $50 and is available in a wide range of color schemes to best match your style.
Chicco Ct0.6 Capri Lightweight Stroller
- The Chicco Ct0.6 Capri Lightweight Stroller is another excellent choice featuring a lightweight frame that was designed in the great country of Italy.
- Reclines to 2 different positions to provide an exceptional amount of comfort with a 5 point safety harness that has ample padding so it’s never an annoyance to your child.
- Front wheel suspension system keeps the ride smooth and enjoyable while absorbing any small bumps in your path.
- Canopy is adjustable to different settings and can even be removed if you desire. It offers a good amount of protection from sun, wind, and cold temperatures so the ride is as cozy as possible.
- Lightweight at just 11 lbs. with a rugged anodized aluminum frame that’s built to last for several years to come.
- Comes included with a carrying bag for taking it with you on the go while traveling or for storage while not in use.
The First Years Ignite Stroller
- With an incredibly durable frame that’s rated for use up to 50 lbs, The First Years Ignite Stroller provides a comfortable ride for both parent and child.
- Tall handles prevent parents or caregivers from having to bend over while pushing it.
- Foot rest for child so they don’t have to dangle their legs off of the seat.
- Plush, padded seat gives a good amount of comfort while keeping safety a top priority with the integrated 5 point safety harness.
- Available in several different color choices.
- Over-sized parent console and storage basket give a good amount of storage for keeping all of your essentials.
- Excellent handling and very lightweight. Turns quickly and is very easy to maneuver.
Contours Lite Stroller
- With a capacity of up to 40 lbs. and a lightweight frame with low resistance, check out the Contours Lite Stroller – it’s a popular choice with a sleek design that’s sure to impress.
- Excellent handling thanks to two 6 inch front swivel wheels and 8 inch rear wheels that provide plenty of traction for the path ahead.
- Folds up to a compact size for storage and traveling.
- Seat provides ample padding with an adjustable 5 point safety harness and is able to recline to multiple positions to get the exact fit that will prevent your child from fussing.
- Lower storage area underneath the seat gives you a convenient area to keep your extra gear or supplies.
- Snack tray for child with cup holder for their sippy cup.
- Canopy provides a wide area of shaded protection from the elements and can be adjusted to 3 settings.
Jeep Cherokee Sport Stroller
- Weighing in at just 12.4 lbs, the Jeep Cherokee Sport Stroller is ideal for any active parent who is always on the move.
- One-hand fold-able design gives you the option of portability which comes in handy while traveling or for quick trips to local destinations.
- Rugged, all-terrain wheels for a great amount of traction for bumpy trails and pathways – exactly what you’d expect from the Jeep brand.
- JPMA certified to guarantee safety and reliability.
- Snack tray with two cup holders to fit small snacks and/or beverages.
- Very affordable. Well priced given the multitude of features.