A car seat is an important investment for any loving parent. They’re required by law if you plan on having your child in your vehicle since they provide a proper restraint with careful safety measures. A popular choice for many is The First Years True Fit SI C680 Car Seat. It has several advanced characteristics including a head rest that is contoured in order to provide for better control of the head. Your child’s head will be contained within the seat should a crash occur. The integrated safety harness does not have to be threaded and can easily be adjusted with minimal effort. Since it’s available in several different colors and styles, it meets the needs and style of all types of parents.
Some of the great features of the The First Years True Fit SI C680 Car Seat include:
- Meets international standards for side impact testing
- Head rest can be removed
- Can be used for children weighing up to 35 pounds in the rear facing position
- Can be used for children weighing up to 65 pounds in the forward position
- Rebound Energy system
One of the biggest advantages of this car seat is the rebound energy system. This is a rebound bar that flips up and helps to manage the rebound of the car seat should the vehicle be involved in a crash. Simply pull this bar forward and it will snap into place when it is in the rear facing position. When you move the seat to face forward you will snap it in the other direction. Other pros of this car seat include:
- EPP foam lines the side wings and entire seat
- Large interior dimensions to grow with your child
- Center angle indicator to help determine if the seat is correctly installed
- LATCH attachments are mounted to the side of the seat for easy access
- Lock offs are color coded for easier installation
As with any car seat, there are a few disadvantages to the True Fit car seat as well. Some of the cons include:
- Large size may not be suitable for smaller car
- It’s quite heavy, but a lot of parents don’t see this as that big of an issue since it can be kept in the car for as long as you need it.
- The price is over $200
Overall, the cost for The First Years True Fit SI C680 Car Seat is on the higher end, but still very reasonable. The safety features of the seat are many as it’s lined with EPP foam to help lower the impact your child would take if you are involved in an accident while they are in the car. The padding in the seat is quite comfortable and your child will enjoy riding in the seat. However, cleaning the seat may prove to be difficult if something is spilled on it as the cover cannot be removed. It’s a great choice for most any parent looking to provide their child with a safe and reliable mode of transport.