Oral hygiene and proper brushing is an essential step that you’ll need to teach your baby as time goes on. As their teeth begin to develop, it’s important to keep them free of plaque and tartar which can ultimately lead to complications such as cavities, bad breath, and even gingivitis. I recently received an inquiry from a reader to help determine which toothbrush is the best one to purchase for babies. Let’s take a closer look to determine the right one for you and your little one.
Baby Banana Bendable Training Toothbrush
- As a much safer choice than your standard hard plastic toothbrush, the Baby Banana Training Toothbrush is an excellent choice since it’s soft and bendable to allow for gentle brushing of fragile mouths.
- Helps teach your baby proper oral hygiene as early as possible, thus creating a lower chance of cavities and other mouth ailments.
- Ideal for babies who are at least 3 months old. Since it’s disguised in a fun and playful shape, most children tend to look forward to using it on a daily basis.
- Since it’s extremely flexible, it’s perfect for young mouths that aren’t fully developed – a much better option than a stiff plastic toothbrush.
- Made out of 100% non-allergenic silicone material that is soft to the touch and extremely gentle.
- Easy to clean and sanitize. Just toss it in the dishwasher or hand wash with antibacterial soap.
- Very affordable. Can be purchased for less than ten dollars.
Baby Buddy Baby’s 1st Toothbrush
- With it’s ability to do more than just clean teeth, the Baby Buddy Baby’s 1st Toothbrush is another popular choice that also massages the gums and teeth as your baby chews on it.
- Made out of 100% silicone that’s free from anything dangerous such as BPA, Lead, and Phthalate. You never have to worry about your little one being exposed to danger.
- Perfect for teething babies. Since it thoroughly massages the gums, it’s ideal for infants even before their first tooth comes in.
- Invented and designed by an actual pediatric dentist, giving you peace of mind that your child is thoroughly getting rid of bacteria and sugar from their food.
- No special paste is required. Just wet with water and let your baby chew on it. This toothbrush doubles as a teether that gives relief during the stage when their first teeth come in.
- East to clean. It’s not sticky or abrasive so particles tend to have a tough time sticking to it.
- Babies love it. It’s very easy to teach how to use it. Best of all, most find it incredibly enjoyable to use.
Baby Banana Original Sharky Brush
- Designed for infants up to 24 months old, the Baby Banana Original Sharky Brush is another fun toothbrush that is disguised as a shark to help entice children to use it on a regular basis.
- Free of BPA, Lead, Phthalate, PVC, and other dangerous materials to ensure parents that your baby is safe. In fact, it meets all of the strict safety guidelines that are set by the CPSIA.
- Flexible to allow for a bendable feel that’s gentle on young mouths. It works as a teether and a toothbrush in one.
- On the tail of the shark there is a small loop where one can attach a strap or leash to make sure it never gets misplaced or lost in the quick hustle of the average daily life.
- Safe to put in the freezer. This gives it a chilled feel that many babies tend to enjoy. Alternatively you can place it in warm water to improve it’s flexibility and give a soothing effect.
- Dishwasher safe making it extremely easy to keep properly sanitized for regular use.
- Small size of 4.5 inches in length to give babies an easy way hold and/or carry it as they sit in their crib, stroller, car seat, or other areas where mom or dad can’t always be.
The First Years American Red Cross Infant to Toddler Oral Care Kit
- If you’re looking for more than just a simple brush, take a look at the Infant to Toddler Oral Care Kit. It’s an officially licensed American Red Cross product made by The First Years, a highly reputable brand that’s been producing quality baby products for several years.
- This is a complete kit that contains more than enough tools for proper oral hygiene. It consists of 6 different items in one – a fingertip toothbrush, gum stimulator, infant toothbrush, toddler toothbrush, a holder, and a storage pouch to keep everything together.
- An excellent choice for parents who want a complete kit that comes with everything you need for the first few years of life.
- The storage pouch is perfect for travelling and keeping all of the items together where you can find them.
- Great for gifting. Every parent needs a toothbrush for their baby. This kit covers all of the basic essentials that any loving parent desires.
- Not very expensive. In fact, it costs less than $10 so it hardly breaks the bank.
MAM Tooth Brush Set
- The MAM Tooth Brush Set is unlike other baby toothbrush since it has one of the longest handles with an ergonomic shape. This gives you or your baby more reach than you’ll need to make oral hygiene an easy experience.
- Comes with two brushes in one package. You can choose between a few different colors including pink, green, or blue. Not for a specific gender – works well for both girls and boys.
- Each brush has a rounded head that gives plenty of mobility while in your baby’s mouth. Easy to reach areas that can be difficult to clean with other brushes.
- Head is designed in such a way that massages the gums to relieve pain from teething.
- Soft, rounded bristles aren’t abrasive and are rather soft. A baby’s mouth is a fragile place and every pre-caution was taken to make sure that the MAM Tooth Brush Set cannot damage a young mouth.
- Originally designed and developed in Austria and now manufactured in Germany.
Well there you have it. The above toothbrushes are all great choices – each is a little different in their own way and are excellent choices if you’re in need of a high quality baby toothbrush. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please leave a response below and I’ll try my best to help you out.