The grocery store is a very dirty place. When you take into account that the shopping carts are most likely never cleaned, the importance of a shopping cart cover seems to be obvious. Most parents invest in one to keep their child away from germs and bacteria that can cause illness since nobody wants their child to become sick. The good thing is, they tend to be very affordable and often pay for themselves after just a few trips to the store. Recently, a reader asked me if I could go over the top rated shopping cart covers of the year and review each one so here I am…
Infantino Compact 2-in-1 Shopping Cart Cover
- Credited as the most popular one of the year, the Infantino Compact 2-in-1 Shopping Cart Cover provides plenty of protection with not only shopping carts, but with highchairs and strollers too.
- Made out of 100% polyester fiber, it’s soft and cozy to allow comfortable use for hours of continuous use without fussing.
- Compact and sized to store easily. It comes included with a handy tote bag that the cover can be folded into so you can take it with you wherever you go.
- Integrated toy loops enable parents to attach their child’s favorite toys so they won’t be dropped on the dirty ground.
- Since it has a sippy cup strap, snack pouch, and a pocket for other accessories, you can expect several useful features built into one unit.
- Very affordable. Costs no more than $20.
Balboa Baby Shopping Cart Cover
- If you’re searching for a stylish option or one that looks as good as it functions, check out the Balboa Baby Shopping Cart Cover.
- Made from 65% polyester and 35% cotton, it’s available in a wide range of color choices – 12 different varieties with different patterns so you can select your ideal look.
- Quilted material with 4 elastic corners to securely fasten over the cart or high chair of your choice. It fits snuggly and can be installed with the use of a single hand.
- Built in toy loops so your child can take any of their favorite items along with them and secure them to the seating area so they aren’t dropped on the messy floor below.
- Folds up into an incredibly small size – much smaller than others since it can fit in an existing diaper bag.
- Durable and designed to last for years to come meaning that you can use it on your next child.
- Fabric seems to be much thicker but less ‘fluffy’ as other makes or models. This could be seen as a good or bad thing depending on what exactly you’re looking for in a shopping cart cover.
Leachco Prop ‘R Shopper
- Another high quality choice is the Leachco Prop ‘R Shopper that provides an ample amount of cushion with padding in all the right areas to provide unmatched comfort that your child will love.
- It features cushioned sides that enclose the baby from all around to give full body support while protecting them from not only germs, but hard and sharp edges that may be located on the seat of a shopping cart.
- Easy to install and easy to remove when needed. Each cushioned side prop can be removed if desired.
- Built in safety belt makes sure your child is secured in position while in the cart. This is an added safety feature that a lot of shopping cart covers don’t have.
- Very compact-able. Comes with a storage pouch and all you need to do is roll it up and slide it in. A carrying strap is built-in the make it easy to take with you on the go.
- Made from 65% polyester and 35% cotton to give it a nice blend that promotes comfort without compromising on quality.
Taggies Cozy Cart Cover
- If you’re looking for a shopping cart cover that features a unique design, you don’t want to pass up the Taggies Cozy Cart Cover since it features a variety of multicolored satin tags that give your child an opportunity to develop their senses.
- Several loops are integrated that come in handy if you’d like to attach any toys or other baby objects that your little one seems to enjoy.
- Made out of 100% polyester so that it’s soft to the touch and cozy for maximum comfort. With one feel you’ll notice that it’s incredibly plush.
- Built in front snap buckle and t-strap give added safety while they’re in the cart. This is a patented design that you’ll only find in the Taggies Cozy Cart Cover.
- Over-sized fabric offers more than enough coverage for most shopping carts. It can also be used at your favorite restaurant when your baby uses the high chair.
- Very easy to use. Plus, since it’s so soft it helps protect sharp edges and hard objects from interfering or contacting your child.
- Compact size is easy to roll up and use just about anywhere you can possibly think of.