Keeping a close eye on your baby has never been easier thanks to the latest technology that allows you to monitor your baby over your very own WiFi network using your iPhone. Sure you could invest in your typical video baby monitor, but not all of those are compatible with your cellular device. In this post, we’ll be discussing some of the top rated choices for WiFi Baby Monitors in 2013 based on performance, quality, and all of the latest features.
WiFi Baby 3 (2014 Model)
- The new 2014 model of the WiFi Baby 3 provides an incredibly small and sleek design that’s fully compatible with various network connected devices such as your iPad, iPhone, PC, Mac, or Android device.
- Provides video and audio alerts to help parents recognize if their attention is needed in the nursery room.
- Utilizing a new powerful chipset, you can expect incredibly smooth video quality with H.264 compression technology that uses much less bandwidth and storage for a greater volume of recording with the quickest speeds possible.
- Compatible with the most recent “Wireless-N” technology to provide up to 5 times the range and twice the speed as a standard “Wireless-G” signal.
- Built in DVR that uses a MicroSD card for portable and scheduled recording.
- 30 Infrared LEDs provide night vision capabilities with up to 20 ft. of range to keep an eye on the entire room.
- With your iPhone or other network device, you can add up to 4 cameras to expand your viewing capabilities and setup your very own customized video and/or audio alerts. You can even take a quick snapshot with a single click. The App is very easy to use and since it’s the 2013 version, it seems to contain all the latest features you could wish for.
Dropcam HD Wi-Fi Wireless Video Monitoring Camera
- Probably one of the easiest WiFi Baby Monitoring Systems currently available, the Dropcam HD Wi-Fi Wireless Video Camera provides you with added peace of mind that showcases several high-class features.
- Takes about 60 seconds to setup and configure. You’ll be streaming High Definition 720P quality video with two way audio capabilities so you can communicate with your child from a distance.
- Digital Pan and Zoom features give you a close eye on what you’re viewing so you can pinpoint on a certain area or object of the room.
- Using the DVR service, you can achieve offsite recording for up to 30 days (with subscription).
- Setup customizable mobile alerts so you can receive notifications on your iPhone, iPad, Android, or computer.
- No special software is required. Just unbox the Dropcam, plug it into your computer with the supplied USB cable, and you’ll have it ready to go in a matter of minutes.
- Utilizes AES 256-bit encryption to keep your video stream secure and safe so it’s never compromised by a 3rd party.
Withings Smart Baby Monitor
- Another great choice that’s very popular is the Withings Smart Baby Monitor that integrates a multitude of user-friendly features to keep tabs on your baby no matter where you are.
- Uses a 3 megapixel camera with image stabilization technology to give you perfect detail in the wide-angle viewing area it provides.
- Since it has PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) you can move the camera around with the touch of your finger on any WiFi, Ethernet, or Bluetooth connected device.
- With 2 way audio, parents are able to sing lullabies, talk, and communicate from a remote distance without any interruption.
- Built in alert system will notify you when it detects motion, noise, or any change in temperature that you may need to know about.
- Comes included with one lithium ion battery that provides truly wireless capabilities and a one year warranty that protects your investment to give you added peace of mind and assurance that it will last for years to come.
BabyPing Secure Wi-Fi Baby Monitor
- Using your home WiFi connection, parents are given the ability to monitor their child with high quality video and audio that’s very easy to use.
- The BabyPing Secure Wi-Fi Baby Monitor has night vision that will automatically activate when the time is right. This gives you clear vision into your home that’s undetectable to the naked eye so it won’t disturb a sleeping baby.
- Very easy to configure and setup. In fact, you don’t even need a computer. It has the ability to be setup in a matter of minutes right from your iOS device.
- Provides plenty of added security using the latest encryption with password protection to grant total privacy.
- Users can setup audio and vibration alerts to notify when the network signal is low or if there are any other issues you should know about.
- Has won multiple awards from Practical Parenting & Pregnancy as well as an innovation award in 2012 by a top leading publication.
iBaby Monitor M6
- The iBaby M6 is a baby monitor that’s specifically designed for those who want to monitor their child using iOS (Apple’s Operating System) on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
- Using the free app at the iOS store, you can fully monitor with touchscreen capabilities that make it incredibly easy to use. You can even remotely rotate the camera.
- Two way audio feature gives you the ability to effectively communicate without having to get up in the middle of the night and walk into the nursery room.
- Image capture lets parents snap still pictures so you can save it or send it anywhere you please.
- Built in Infrared night vision gives you a clear view in total darkness.