Many parents are opting to only choose organic products in their child’s nursery. It’s a smart choice since organic products are made without any harmful chemicals and are comprised of all natural materials. However they do tend to cost a bit more money, but most parents don’t mind paying a few extra bucks to ensure safety and quality. An organic crib mattress can be difficult to find, but I’ve listed the top picks for 2017 below.
#1 – Naturepedic Quilted Organic Cotton Deluxe Crib Mattress
- Filled with chemical-free organic cotton that contains no toxic additives, no bleach, no dye, and grown without harmful pesticides, herbicides, or chemicals.
- The Naturepedic Quilted Organic Cotton Deluxe Crib Mattress is built without any latex or wool. These are known for causing allergic reactions among baby’s.
- Super-firm surface thanks to 252 interlocked internal coils that provide the most ideal sleeping surface possible.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty to ensure you’re satisfied throughout the lifetime of it’s use.
- Made and manufactured in the United States of America – not overseas in some other country.
- Resistant to fire without the use of toxic fire retardants that have been known to contain harmful ingredients.
#2 – LA Baby Organic Cotton 2-in-1 Orthopedic Crib Mattress
- Super-firm design gives your baby the most ideal sleeping surface possible. Flip it over and there is a softer side that’s best for toddlers.
- The LA Baby Organic Cotton 2-in-1 Orthopedic Crib Mattress is resistant to water and moisture which helps in case anything is spilled or if your child wets the bed.
- Completely organic. No harmful phthalates, toxic chemicals, or polyurethane foam is used in the construction of it.
- Mattress is rimmed with sturdy rods made from 6-gauge material to give it strength and added safety.
- Internal 15.5 gauge coils provide a firm yet supportive feel that is generously ventilated by tiny air vents on the side.
- Backed by an impressive 25 year warranty to give you peace of mind about your purchase.
#3 – Naturepedic No Compromise Classic 150 Organic Crib Mattress
- The Naturepedic No Compromise Classic 150 Organic Crib Mattress is an award winning choice that’s one of the highest quality organic crib mattresses currently available.
- Built with a waterproof surface that is easy to clean and very durable. This is a great feature to have if you’re tired of cleaning up bed-wetting instances.
- Comprised of 100% organic materials that are all natural and 100% renewable. These contain no toxic ingredients such as Vinyl, PVC, lead, phthalates, and more.
- Meets GREENGUARD certification standards.
- Includes 150 internal coils that provide the most ideal sleeping surface that you could ever wish for.
- Also works as a toddler mattress because it’s the same standard size.
- Proudly made in the United States of America.
#4 – Colgate Eco Classica I Organic Cotton Crib Mattress
- The Colgate Eco Classica I Organic Cotton Crib Mattress is made from 5 inch thick foam that’s very lightweight and built to last.
- No petroleum based oils are used in the manufacturing of this crib mattress. Instead, Colgate uses plant based oils to provide a more natural approach.
- Much more lightweight than your standard spring mattress. It weights only 8 lbs. 7 ounces which makes it easy to change sheets.
- GREENGUARD and CertiPUR-US Certified to ensure safety and quality.
- Cover is made from 100% organic cotton. No harmful materials or toxic substances will come in contact with your child since none are used in the construction.