Some women prefer a manual breast pump over your standard electric or automated version since they don’t require to run off of a power source. Naturally, this makes them easier to use whenever and wherever you’d like since you’re not restricted to a power outlet or a set of batteries that need to be changed on occasion. Good thing is – they tend to be less expensive but are still able to efficiently pump without any hassle. Below I’ve outlined some of the top rated manual breast pumps of the year and have reviewed each one so you can choose whichever one you prefer.
Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump
- Using two-phase expression pumping, the Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump provides mothers with an easy and convenient way to collect breast milk to immediately feed it to your child or store it for a later time.
- Very comfortable, ergonomic design that is easy to hold onto. The handle can move in a swivel motion to give you a free range of motion to allow a cozy experience each time you put it to use.
- The unique two-phase expression pumping works by starting off in simulation mode and then transfering into expression mode. This replicates a real scenario of a nursing child since it starts off with rapid sucking and then gets into a flowing rhythm thereafter.
- Using SoftFit Breast Shield Technology, it massages your breasts while you are in the process of pumping to create a more pleasant experience that helps milk flow more naturally.
- Very easy to clean and assemble when needed. It has much fewer parts than most other manual breast pumps which makes for effortless clean up after use.
- Fits most standard sized baby bottles to work with the baby bottles that you already own.
- No electronic parts or batteries to tie you down – take it with you wherever you’d like!
Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump
- Another convenient and easy to use choice is the Lansinoh Manual Breast Pump that’s designed for occasional use wherever you go.
- Using the ComfortSeal cushion, it provides a confident seal that allows effective pumping without causing a huge mess or having any leaking issues.
- Ergonomically shaped handle can be used with a single hand without fatigue. It flows the milk quickly so you don’t have to spend a lot of time pumping.
- Very lightweight and small size makes it easy to take with you on the go. Fits well inside any diaper bag since it’s small in size but rich in features.
- Since it has few parts and has easy assembly, it makes it easy to clean without any hassle.
- Very affordable price. Can be picked up for less than $30.
- Free from Bisphenol-A (BPA) and other dangerous materials to ensure safety for both you and your child.
Philips AVENT Manual Breast Pump
- The Philips AVENT Manual Breast Pump is specifically designed with comfort in mind, but is very effective at pumping milk without any leaking or spillage.
- Since there are no electronic mechanisms, it’s incredibly quiet without any noise that you’d find in an electric pump. This is great since many times mothers pump milk in an area that may disrupt their sleeping child.
- In order to mimic the suckling of your child, it utilizes a massage cushion and uses vacuum pressure to promote gentle milk flow that’s comfortable and easy.
- Comes included with everything you need if you want to go manual. The pump, storage, and feeding parts are all integrated in the same container. Once you pump, the milk is placed within a 4 ounce container that you can directly use to feed your child out of. Just unscrew the pumping attachment and screw on the newborn flow nipple.
- Incredibly comfortable. Since it uses a patented soft 5-petal massage cushion around your nipple, you don’t have to worry about any discomfort in the breastfeeding process.
Ameda One Hand Breast Pump
- Last on the list, but still incredibly high quality is the Ameda One Hand Breast Pump that’s feature-rich and overall a very popular choice for breastfeeding mothers.
- Easy to assemble and use with just a single hand. This means you can pump at the same time that your child is nursing your other breast. Or, you can purchase two of them and pump both breasts at once.
- Free from BPA and DEHP to give you added peace of mind that you and your children won’t be exposed to the threat of toxins at any point.
- Can be used to directly pump into a standard-size baby bottle or storage bag of your choice.
- Compact and very lightweight – easy to bring with you while travelling or on the go. So small it can fit in most purses.
- Comes included with 2 different valves just in case one needs to be replaced or washed. This ensures there is no delay if you need one as a backup.