Many parents prefer a backpack diaper bag since they are easy to carry and fit more of your baby’s essential items than your standard ‘over the shoulder’ diaper bag. They come in handy for those long outings or while you’re away from home for an extended period of time. Unlike your typical backpack, they’re specifically designed to carry baby items and have dedicated pockets and storage areas to fit items such as bottles, pacifiers, toys, wipes, and of course – diapers.
Personally, I truly love the idea of having a dedicated diaper backpack. They aren’t strenuous to carry and are designed in a way to help evenly distribute weight for a comfortable experience each and every time you leave the house. Since they make the life of a parent much easier, I decided to spend some time to outline some of the best backpack diaper bags of 2017 based on overall quality, consumer reviews, and key features – have a look.
Dadgear Backpack Diaper Bag
- The Dadgear Backpack Diaper Bag is an award winning product that is engineered to provide more useful features than any other diaper bag currently on the market. Definitely my favorite and recommended choice of the year.
- Specially designed ‘Diaper Hammock’ pocket always keeps diapers located towards the top of the pack for tidy organization so you’ll always know where to locate a clean diaper.
- Towards the base of the backpack, there is a ‘Quick Access Wipes Case’ built-in that keeps fresh baby wipes easily accessible and always readily available without having to dig through any of the compartments. Just open the velcro ‘door’ and pull out a fresh wipe.
- All storage compartments are lined with lightly colored fabric that makes it easy to locate items. It contrasts well with objects you have within the bag.
- Two built in bottle pockets for carrying a total of 4 standard size bottles on the exterior. This keeps the bottles easily accessible and snug in position while carrying.
- Can be strapped to just about any stroller with the integrated straps.
- Gender neutral. Although it’s made by a company called Dad Gear, it can be used by both mother and father.
- Available in a wide range of attractive color options and pattern designs.
Okkatots Baby Depot Diaper Bag Backpack
- Another popular choice is the Okkatots Baby Depot Diaper Bag Backpack. It’s an all-in-one diaper changing station that makes changing a dirty diaper as easy as possible while you’re on the go.
- Featuring a soft changing pad, removable wipe dispenser, and enough storage room for as many as 16 large-size diapers. It gives you plenty of storage for more than enough supplies and equipment.
- Dedicated storage pockets with added insulation to keep bottles or sippy cups warm or cold.
- It’s not too large and not too small. In fact, it’s the ideal size for taking with you as a carry-on item while flying on an airplane. Thus, making long distance travelling easier than ever before.
- Outter pocket folds down and can be used to secure a small dvd player or netbook computer.
- Available in either black, navy, red, or gray.
Eddie Bauer “Broadmoor” Diaper Backpack
- The one size fits all Eddie Bauer Broadmoor Diaper Backpack is a popular choice since it offers ample storage room with a cozy design to make sure it never gets uncomfortable on those long outings.
- Made out of 100% polyester cordura which is very durable and has a ‘thick’ high quality feel to it. The inside is lined with 100% nylon to provide a ‘softer’ material that carries all sorts of baby items.
- Fully adjustable shoulder straps with plenty of padding to reduce the risk of pressure points and discomfort while it’s on your back. Since it’s adjustable, it only comes in one standard size that’s suitable for both mom and dad.
- Large zipper extends around the top and both sides to open the main compartment. Inside are multiple storage areas for keeping track of smaller items such as pacifiers, teething toys, and wipes.
- Additional front zip pocket provides more storage and extra organization for anything you want to carry.
- Comes included with a diaper changing pad to make changing a dirty diaper as easy as possible without much fuss.
Rugged Kecci Voyager Sling Diaper Bag Daddybag Backpack
- The Rugged Kecci Voyager Sling Diaper Bag is an inexpensive, high quality, and well-built backpack that features plenty of storage for packing all the essentials.
- Featuring 3 different bags in 1. There’s a nylon exterior bag, an accessory bag, and a larger nylon bag that’s perfect for storing wet or dirty clothing.
- Padded vinyl changing pad is included and can easily be removed if desired for use.
- Very comfortable. The straps adjust for a good fit no matter your size. The back is padded so it doesn’t put much strain on your body.
- Large design measuring 17″ x 20″ x 6″ that provides ample storage for all of the stuff you need.
- Very affordable. Can be found for under $30.