When you suspect that your baby has a fever, there is no sure way to tell until you check their temperature with a thermometer. It should give you a clear indication on whether or not your child is ill. There are many different kinds of baby thermometers that has various methods of use. For example, some are designed for the forehead whereas others are designed for the ear or rectum. They all work well, it really just comes down to preference on which one will suit you best.
FeverWatch Professional Clinical Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer
- With simplicity and accuracy, the FeverWatch Professional Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer provides 0.3 degree of accuracy within just 1 second.
- Large back-lit LCD indicates the temperature in either Celcius or Fahrenheit with an audible alarm that will notify you if your child’s temperature is too high.
- No need to disinfect after each use. It provides accurate readings without any contact.
- Very efficient with batteries. In fact, it will achieve over 100,000 temperature readings on a pair of AA batteries which are included.
- Durable – impact and water resistant.
- Internal memory keeps a history of the last 32 temperature recordings.
Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer
- Extremely easy to use with accurate readings, the Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer provides parents a quick way to determine whether or not their child is sick.
- By gently stroking the forehead, it will take over 1,000 readings per second and measure the heat emitted from their skin over the temporal artery.
- Can be used by anyone including adults or all ages.
- LED indicator lights and a soft beeping noise will make sure that you correctly scanned so no errors occur.
- Clinically tested to determine it’s accuracy. It’s commonly used in major hospitals and medical clinics.
- Very popular.
Graco 1 Second Ear Thermometer
- Offering quick and accurate readings, the Graco 1 Second Ear Thermometer is an inexpensive and reliable choice.
- Large, easy to read LCD indicates your child’s temperature in just 1 second.
- Comes included with a storage pouch to keep it safe while not in use. Excellent for traveling.
- Can give you the temperature in either Celcius or Fahrenheit.
- Don’t worry about leaving it on. It will automatically shut off if no use is detected within a reasonable time frame.
- Internal memory stores the last 10 readings.
BriteLeafs 2-in-1 Professional Clinical Non-contact Infrared Thermometer
- With 2 in 1 functions, the BriteLeafs Non-contact Infrared Thermometer can be used to take body temperature or surface and room temperature with accurate and fast readings.
- Can determine the temperature in under 1 second, every time. Surrounding objects will not interfere with it’s accuracy.
- Can be used to read the temperature of your baby’s food, milk, bed, etc.
- Large brightly lit LCD can be used in either Fahrenheit or Celcius – the choice is yours.
- Internal memory stores the last 32 recordings so you can go back to them at any time.
- No probe covers are required. No need to even make contact with the skin. This comes in handy if you’d like to take a temperature in the middle of the night while your baby is asleep – there is no need to wake them up!
Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer
- The Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer is another inexpensive, accurate, and easy to use choice.
- For use in the rectum for ages 0 to 3, it provides a reading in just 10 seconds.
- Large backlit LCD screen tells you the temperature in a clear and simple matter. Can be easily read in the dark.
- Backed by a lifetime warranty.
- Small size fits in your hand, there is no chance of pushing it in too far with it’s unique design.
- Although they say it’s for rectal use only, there are some parents who get an accurate reading by placing it underarm.
More Baby Thermometers…