Spring is here and summer is right around the corner. It’s an exciting time but it is very important to never let your guard down when it comes to protection for your little one. The sun brings warmth, happiness, and can also cause health related complications – especially to your child’s fragile skin.
Ordering high quality baby sunscreen and regularly applying it is the best way to prevent sunburns and other dangerous sun-related health issues. Below I have outlined my favorite baby sunscreens of 2017 to help parents like yourself determine the right one for your baby or young child.
BurnOut SPF 30+ KIDS
- If you’re searching for a sunscreen that’s been proven safe and effective, you may want to try out a bottle of BurnOut SPF 30+ KIDS.
- Credited as the ‘perfect sunscreen for babies and kids’ since it’s been recommended by pediatricians and dermatologists all across the nation as a leading choice for effective sun-protection.
- UVA/UVB broad-spectrum protection that’s ideal for sensitive skin. It’s hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and free from any fragrances to ensure proper safety precautions since it’s specifically designed for young babies and children.
- Rich in antioxidants and enriched with extracts of papaya, plankton, and plantain – these have been shown to help nourish the skin to moisturize while offering phenomenal protection from harmful sun.
- Safe for the environment. Since its biodegradable and safe for the ocean, you won’t have to worry about polluting harmful chemicals into mother nature.
- Free of chemicals, petroleum, PADA, and paraben.
- Incredibly resistant to water and moisture and won’t sting or burn if it gets into the eyes.
Babyganics Cover Up Baby Sunscreen Moisturizing Lotion (50 SPF)
- Another great choice that’s pediatrician and dermatologist tested is the Babyganics Cover Up Baby Sunscreen Moisturizing Lotion which offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection SPF 50+.
- Water resistant for up to 80 minutes. If you’re child is a fan of playing in the water, you can rest assured knowing they’re protected for over an hour after each application.
- The mineral based formula contains no PABA, paraben,s sulfates, phthalates, nano-particles, retinyl palmitate, or fragrances. This means your baby’s health isn’t ever in jeopardy – it’s proven safe and effective.
- Active ingredients include Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), and Zinc Oxide (11.7%).
- Budget-friendly. For sale in a 4 pack for around 13 bucks. Each bottle contains 2 ounces of sunscreen for a total of 8 ounces among the 4 bottles.
- Rubs in well. Non whitening so it matches the skin color and doesn’t look obvious.
Seventh Generation Baby Sunscreen SPF 30
- Offering powerful UVA and UVB protection without the use of harmful chemicals, a bottle of Seventh Generation Baby Sunscreen gives parents assurance that their baby won’t be in harms way when the sun is out.
- Hypo-allergenic formula without the use of chemicals parabens, gluten, or PABA.
- Light feeling with a fresh scent that won’t irritate anyone’s senses. Since it’s made with extra-virgin olive oil and based off of minerals, it’s incredibly gentle and safe for both face and body. Just don’t apply it to broken or irritated skin.
- 80 minutes of water-resistant protection. Apply every couple hours if your child wants to splash around in the water.
- Rubs in easily, blends well and doesn’t turn white after continuous use.
California Baby SPF 30+ Fragrance Free Sunscreen
- Specifically designed to scatter and reflect harmful UV rays, a bottle of California Baby Sunscreen will be your best friend on a warm sunny day at the beach.
- Since it contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients, parents can expect nothing but safe effects from regularly applying it.
- Safe to use on the face without having to worry about it stinging when it gets in the eyes.
- Free from fragrances and contains no soy, oat, dairy, or nut oils to assure complete safety.
- Highly resistant to water keeps your baby protected even in the water.
- Doesn’t stain clothing or skin. Easy to clean off with warm water and soap.
- Expensive but well worth the price. It’s comprised of high quality ingredients that have been proven effective.
Badger Chamomile and Calendula Broad Spectrum SPF 34 Baby Sunscreen
- Another great choice is the Badger Chamomile and Calendula Baby Sunscreen which provides broad spectrum coverage with SPF 34 protection.
- Incredibly gentle and safe for babies. It’s made out of minerals, not chemicals – and includes certified organic ingredients for a formula that most parent’s haven’t tried before. It’s comprised of non-nano, un-coated zinc oxide which has been previously credited as the most effective and safest for your child.
- Water resistant for up to 40 minutes of continuous playtime in the water. Perfect for the beach, lake, boat, or water park.
- The unique ingredients are free from oxybenzone, octisalate, octinoxae, and avobenzone and are all-natural to guarantee it’s effectiveness while remaining completely safe.
- Very thick for applying, yet easy to coat evenly without much effort. It absorbs nicely and evenly in the skin for effective protection that is completely reliable.
Well, there you have it. Five of my favorite baby sunscreens that are now available for purchase. I’ve used each and every one of these myself and can recommend each for effectiveness and safety. I couldn’t say that one is better over the other – that’s for you to decide based on your preferences. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns by leaving me a comment below!