The sun can be a very dangerous thing, especially for your little one. If you plan on enjoying the summer to it’s full advantage, you may want to prepare in every way possible. Harmful UV rays cause damaging skin conditions such as burns and rashes and may make your child’s outdoor summer fun time not so fun. If you want to avoid all of the downsides that the sun may bring, it’s recommended that you invest in a quality baby sun hat that offers shade and protection from the sunlight in all scenarios.
i play. Babywear Brim Hat
- The i play Babywear Brim Hat is a popular sun hat that is designed to fully protect babies from UPF 50+ rays that the sun emits. This prevents sunburns without the use of sunscreen.
- Available in 3 different sizes to get the best fit possible. Choose from 0-6 months, 6-18 months, or 2-4 years.
- Stylish and fashionable – available in a wide range of color options. Select from white, khaki, light pink, lavender, lime, orange, royal, or yellow.
- Lined with special microfiber material that’s designed to wick moisture away and keep sweat from becoming an irritant.
- Easy to clean. Just toss it in the washing machine and tumble dry it on a low temperature setting to avoid any shrinking.
- Very inexpensive. It’s a cheap way to add a bit more of protection without globbing on more sunscreen.
Sunday Afternoons Kids’ Play Hat
- Another high quality sun hat that’s worth checking out is the Sunday Afternoon Kids’ Play Hat. It’s constructed using Supplex fabric to protect from the sun while offering an ample amount of comfort. It’s the perfect choice for those who spend a lot of time in the outdoors.
- Mesh ventilation and a perfect blend of nylon/polyester fabric to help naturally wick away sweat and moisture. This keeps your child much cozier than cotton fabric which can take a long time to dry out.
- Efficiently packs down to a small size that can be either rolled up or laid flat while in a bag or suitcase. This keeps it portable and very versatile.
- Offers UPF 50 sun protection which is plenty of coverage to avoid sunburn, rash, irritation, and other ailments caused by the sun.
- Uniquely designed to provide a wider range of shade than most other sun hats available. The bill goes around the back of the hat and covers the neck – a notorious area for terrible burns.
- Available in a wide range of color choices. Select from African Violet, Cream Sand, Pink Grape, Royal Blue, Seagrass Charcoal, Tan Chaparral, Sand Black, Fuschia Grape, Iris Grape, Camo, Lavender Grape, Morning Glory, Primrose Lavender, or Fuschia.
- Not only for babies. There are many sizes that you can choose from the best accommodate the size of your growing child. Infant (0-6 months), Baby (6-24 months), Child (2-5 years), and Youth (5-9 years).
Baby BanZ UV Reversible Bucket Hat
- The Baby BanZ UV Reversible Bucket Hat is a great choice for those who are looking for outstanding protection while not sacrificing style. It comes in several reversible prints that are a good choice for both girls and boys.
- Designed in Australia, one of the most consistently sunny areas in the world. It’s been clinically tested to meet or exceed national standards for UV protection with a rating of UPF 50+.
- Adjustable fit with a Velcro closure system that keeps it snug and cozy for a long day in the sun while at the beach, park, yard, or on the boat.
- Comes available in two different sizes suitable for both babies and toddlers. Select from 0-24 months or 2-5 years. The 0-24 month fit can adjust up to a 19 inch head circumference without being ‘too tight’ or ‘too lose’.
- Select from several color styles such as Pink Floral, Orange Tide, Little Hunter, Green Tide, Brown Camo, or Aqua Tide.
- Made from 82% polyamide and 18% spandex – the perfect blend for both durability and long-lasting comfort.
Millymook Girls Reversible Cotton Sun Hat
- If you’re in search of a sun hat that’s been specifically designed for girls, look no further than the Millymook Girls Reversible Cotton Sun Hat.
- Offers UPF 50+ protection with a fully reversible design that can be credited as two hats in one. On one side is a pretty floral pattern while the other side features solid pink with white polka dots.
- Made with high quality materials that are durable and meant to last for several years to come. Not only is it a fashionable choice, but it’s also fairly affordable. It can be purchased for under $20 which is a fair price given it’s list of features.
- Chin strap can be adjusted by cinching the drawstring tighter or looser depending on your preference. It’s easy to get a custom-like fit without having to sacrifice comfort.
- Holds up well while travelling or away from home. It can be crushed and smashed in luggage or a backpack without any permanent damage. Never worry about creasing or bending it in the wrong direction.
- Not just for babies. It comes in several sizes that makes it a great choice for toddlers too. Choose from four different sizes – infant, 12-24 months, 2-5 years, or 5-7 years.