Putting your baby to sleep isn’t always the easiest thing in the world. Many parents face difficulties with their child sleeping inconsistently throughout the night making for a tiresome and restless night. To avoid this, many decide to invest in a baby light show that projects objects and images throughout the nursery to help soothe and entertain as your boy or girl falls asleep. They’ve been shown effective to help provide a more consistent sleep pattern – making life much easier on parents. I decided to examine, rate, and review a few different light shows are best picks of the year.
Munchkin Nursery Projector
- Designed to give children the most comfortable sleep possible, the Munchkin Nursery Projector is a great choice if you’re looking for one that’s full of many features.
- Built-in sound system that provides lullaby music from Mozart including twinkle twinkle and eine kleine nachtmusik. Also included but not from Mozart are rock-a-bye, hush little baby, and Brahms lullaby.
- Rotates a variety of images onto the nursery ceiling or walls to give entertainment in the night – exactly what’s needed most.
- Integrated night light features will give a dim glow throughout the night that’s bright enough for parents to check up in the middle of the night or perform necessary changes.
- Sleep timer feature lets parents set the time until it automatically shuts off. Select between 60, 30, or 15 minutes.
- One of the coolest features is the voice activation mode. You don’t always have to have it on, but when you do it will turn on and display sounds and/or images when your child is crying.
- Backed by a generous 1 year limited warranty – plus, it’s incredible affordable for the amount of features that are packed into it.
VTech Musical Dreams Light Projector
- Completely new for the year, the VTech Musical Dreams Light Projector offers all you’d ever want in a projector with a multitude of options for the nursery.
- With 3 different modes, it brings upon the calming effect of music, sound, and lights to lull your baby into a deep slumber. Also, there’s an adorable little bear that rocks back and forth in the center window of the projector.
- When your baby presses the penguin, it will give off different sounds, ultimately giving your little one an interactive experience in their crib.
- Parents are given the option to change the lights, movements, and the image that’s being projected onto the wall or ceiling. The volume and timer can also be manually set.
- Designed with four light and motor combinations for a variety of fun that won’t grow stale over time.
- Comes included with 4 AA batteries that are required for functionality. The plus side to this is that it won’t have to be plugged into the wall.
Fisher-Price Calming Seas Projection Soother
- The Fisher-Price Calming Seas Projection Soother provides a customizable way to help aid your baby or child to sleep with the use of various sounds and visual features.
- Select from different varieties of calming music or the sounds of mother nature while it displays a vibrant light show that will adapt to your baby as they grown into a young child.
- Featuring an adorable underwater seascape with cute seahorses, starfish, and a variety of colors to help entice your child’s imagination.
- Showcases a “calming seas” light show that projects swimming fish around the room. It’s easy to use, tabletop design means that it can be placed in a variety of locations.
- Plays for a continuous 60 minutes by offering an entertaining way for your baby to fall asleep calmly.
- Operates with the use of 4 C batteries. Although batteries can be a bit cumbersome to use, this offers the flexibility that doesn’t require an available wall outlet.
Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light
- Probably one of the most popular baby light shows on the market, the Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light helps change the nursery into a star-lit night sky that any child will love.
- Displays a complete night sky with stars, a crescent moon, and 8 different constellations on the walls and ceiling of any room.
- Educational – Comes included with an illustrated star guide that helps your child identify and describe different life-like constellations above them.
- Very easy to use. To operate it, all you need to do is press the button on the shell of the turtle and the room will be illuminated with 45 minutes of night sky.
- The shell will glow in 3 different colors – blue, amber, or green.
- Available in a range of different colors/animals. Select from a Lady Bug, Pink Lady Bug, Green Lady Bug, or the Classic Mocha Turtle.
Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Take-Along Projector Soother
- Another excellent choice that’s very budget friendly is the Ocean Wonders Take-Along Projector by Fisher Price.
- Featuring a light show that will change over time, it plays classical lullabies or soft ocean sounds as your child falls asleep.
- With the large handle, when your baby is old enough and turns into a young child or toddler, they can carry it around and take it with them wherever they’d like since it operates on 4 AA batteries and plugging it into an external power source is not required.
- Plays up to 12 continuous minutes of music along with a light show that will captivate your little one’s imagination and keep their mind occupied when you need it to be.
- Will display a variety of images on the ceiling or wall. From a simple fish to a complex oceanscape with all sorts of sea creatures.
- Very affordable. In fact it retails for under $20 to make it easy on virtually anyone’s budget.