Keeping your baby’s clothing clean always seems like a constant and never-ending battle. Doing laundry is a regular task that every mom and dad should get used to when they’re having a new child. As much as it seems like a chore, it’s not too bad if you equip your laundry room with the right detergent. Choosing the right laundry detergent for your baby depends on your specific needs, however generally you’ll want to invest in detergent that’s safe, effective, and trusted. Today I’ll be going over my favorite detergents for using with your baby – all are excellent choices, but it’s up to you to decide which one is right for your little one.
BabyGanics 3x Concentrated Laundry Detergent
- Viewed as one of the safest and most effective household brands, BabyGanics has created their 3x Concentrated Laundry Detergent to help families clean without the dangers of your standard store-purchased brand.
- Great for families who either approve or disapprove of scented laundry – it’s available in either Fragrance Free or Lavender Scent.
- Choose your preferred size – 35 ounce or 64 ounce. You typically will use one ounce for every load so keep that in mind.
- Safe for high-efficiency washers.
- Will not damage clothing while it fights dirt and stains without removing protective coatings such as flame retardants.
- Leaves no filmy residue when the wash cycle is completed. It creates more suds than many typical brands which offers a thorough clean while remaining gentle.
- Some reviewers say that it helps with children who often suffer from eczema caused by unsanitary laundry.
Seventh Generation 4x Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Another great choice is the Seventh Generation Liquid Laundry Detergent which contains a special blend of USDA Certified biobased products for a safer, more trusted clean.
- Uses a premium stain fighting formula from plant derived ingredients for fantastic stain fighting on the toughest stains that won’t seem to ever come clean.
- Leaves absolutely no residue on fabric. This means your clothing is left feeling clean and free from dangerous additives that can ultimately cause skin irritation – especially in little children.
- Sold as a twin pack of two 40 ounce bottles. Each bottle enables you 53 loads for a total of over 100 loads with your purchase.
- If you’re having a tough time with stains you can pre-treat the fabric by applying a small amount to the stained fabric and rubbing it in to let it soak before you throw it in the washing machine.
- Lightly scented but not too much. This is great for sensitive noses or those who are irritated by the overbearing smell of some leading laundry detergent brands.
Charlie’s Soap Powder
- Ideal for families who’d like to cut costs while not exposing their baby to toxins, Charlie’s Soap Powder is guaranteed to work incredibly well while being completely safe.
- Made with a hypoallergenic blend of biodegradable ingredients, you can rest assured knowing that it won’t ever irritate sensitive skin.
- Very affordable. A 2.7 lb. tub costs around $14 which provides 100 standard wash loads – that’s a lot of bang for your buck when you compare it to other detergents.
- Contains no fragrances, chemical brighteners, or perfumes. These are things that would be in your best interest to avoid with any children.
- Leaves no residue on your washer or the clothing that you use it on. Even after 100+ separate loads.
- Excellent consumer reviews prove that it’s a smart choice and an excellent soap. Many parents fall in love with it so much that they end up using it for their own laundry.
- Compatible with High Efficiency or Front Load Washers.
The Laundress Baby Detergent
- Another popular choice is The Laundress Baby Detergent which has been specially formulated using 100% biodegradable ingredients for safe and effective fabric cleaning each and every time.
- It’s made with organic materials that are plant based. These are often viewed as safer alternatives than the ingredients used in most leading detergents which tend to be based with petroleum compounds.
- Free from dye, sulfate, and chlorine – ideal for those who suffer from allergies since it doesn’t contain any allergens.
- 3 times concentrated formula. Meaning that you get more value for your dollar since you can use less than you would with a standard concentrate detergent.
- Some consumers stated that it has a fresh and light scent that could be described as ‘baby powder-like’.
- Can be used with standard or high efficiency washers. Just adjust the load as described in the instructions on the back of the packaging.